Free School Meals Eligibility
Hampshire County Council has launched a new online service which parents can use to check their eligibility for free school meals.
Further information about this service, along with instructions for using the online application form, can be found on Hampshire County Council’s website:
Please note: the criteria for free school meals is the same, regardless of method of checking eligibility. For the online service, all you need to do is enter your name, national insurance number or asylum number, your address and your child’s details. Press ‘submit’ and you will find out if you are eligible.
If your result comes back ‘found’, this means that your child is eligible for free school meals and the system automatically tells your school.
No more hassle in digging out paperwork and going into school to get checked!
- Direct link to the online application form: Free School Meals Application
For more information, please visit the page linked above or phone Sue Martin on 023 8062 7738.
(Information provided by Hampshire Country Council)
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a tear (after tax and not including any benefits that you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling they’re in (primary or secondary) on 31 March 2022.
For more information please contact Cranbourne on 01256 868600
For the latest information on Free School Meals from Hampshire County Council CLICK HERE.